VNC hoses Backup Exec 6.x on NT Server 4.0

Thu, 03 Dec 1998 15:26:50 +0000

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 paradise "at" manayunk.net wrote:

> Very strange indeed... but I noticed that as soon as I installed VNC on my
> Compaq Proliant 1500 NT Server, my Backup Exec backups stopped working. I
> went through 4 days of no backups before finally removing VNC and then
> presto... working backups!

Peculiar.  Does Backup Exec work if you install VNC but don't actually
do any remote connections at all?  (This is to establish whether it's the
hooking that causes problems.)

Are you running VNC as a service or as an application?

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall
--
Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK - Tel : 343000
Laboratory for Communications Engineering, Cambridge - Tel : -