WinVNC server CPU load and performance: (was: WinVNC Server)

James [Wez] Weatherall jnw "at"
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 10:35:56 +0000

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, John Logsdon wrote:

> > I do have checked Poll window under cursor and now also Poll
> > console window.
> Having checked as indicated (yes it seems a lot quicker) I get smeary bits
> across the screen when I move the cursor too quickly and images build up
> in their bits and pieces.  Is there a better combination or should I go
> back to polling the full screen?

Depends on what you're running.  What OS?  Which version of WinVNC?  What
application is giving you problems?

James "Wez" Weatherall
Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK - Tel : 343000
Laboratory for Communications Engineering, Cambridge - Tel : -

The VNC mailing list     -   see