VNCServer Perl script start error on RH 5.2

James B. MacLean macleajb "at" Trademart-1.EDnet.NS.CA
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 03:04:04 +0000

Hi LeRoy,

I just installed vnc on 5.2 here tonight and am seeing this. It appears
that the call to require sys/socket.ph is failing with that error.

I have not gone any further with it, but forced CheckDisplayNumber to
return 1 and commented out the call to require sys/socket.ph for testing.

Now someone can give the correct answer :),
JES
--
On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, LeRoy Isaac wrote:

> I use VNC daily, but the recent upgrade to RedHat 5.2 caused the
> vncserver to stop working. I start the vncserver with the command
> "vncserver", and I receive the following message:
> Prototype mismatch: sub main::__need_size_t vs () at (eval 44) line 1.
> String found where operator expected at (eval 148) line 1, near
> "&__const 'struct sockaddr'"
>         (Missing operator before  'struct sockaddr'?)
> Out of memory!
> The vncserver process consumes memory until an "Out of memory!" error
> appears.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
> --
> LeRoy Isaac
> SSMC - Tools, Deployment, Support
> leroy.isaac "at" eds.com

James B. MacLean        macleajb "at" ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education http://www.ednet.ns.ca/~macleajb
Nova Scotia, Canada
B3M 4B2