VNCServer Perl script start error on RH 5.2

LeRoy Isaac leroy.isaac "at" eds.com
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 02:36:27 +0000

--------------6A82EEEC8E7EE19428E05D89

I use VNC daily, but the recent upgrade to RedHat 5.2 caused the
vncserver to stop working. I start the vncserver with the command
"vncserver", and I receive the following message:

Prototype mismatch: sub main::__need_size_t vs () at (eval 44) line 1.
String found where operator expected at (eval 148) line 1, near
"&__const 'struct sockaddr'"
        (Missing operator before  'struct sockaddr'?)
Out of memory!

The vncserver process consumes memory until an "Out of memory!" error
appears.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
LeRoy Isaac
SSMC - Tools, Deployment, Support

--------------6A82EEEC8E7EE19428E05D89

I use VNC daily, but the recent upgrade to RedHat 5.2 caused the vncserver
to stop working. I start the vncserver with the command "vncserver", and
I&nbsp;receive the following message:
1.
'struct sockaddr'"
'struct sockaddr'?)