We’re looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our successful and expanding team at RealVNC.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips. We are looking for an experienced, talented Web Developer to join our Information Applications team.
- You’ve got solid web application development experience with strong HTML/CSS skills
- You’ve worked with scripting languages such as Python, Perl or PHP
- You have good SQL knowledge and if you’ve worked with PostgreSQL or MySQL that would be ideal
- You’re comfortable working at the command line in Linux
- You have strong problem solving skills and you pay great attention to detail
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
As well as the above, if you have experience with any of the following technologies then we’d like to know about it!
- Revision Control Systems
- Systematic website testing and continuous integration
- Linux systems administration
- Website design, including design for mobile devices
This role offers a unique opportunity to work for a growing, successful Cambridge-based company with a world-famous brand.
If successful you’ll be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to your skills and experience. It will include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday). That being said, some flexibility might be needed.
How to apply
If you want more information, or want to apply for this vacancy, send us a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you quote reference WD3 to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be request to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.