An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to join our successful and expanding engineering team at RealVNC.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city center. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, Dreamworks and Philips. We have immediate, significant expansion plans and are looking for an experienced, talented Software Engineer to join our team.
As part of our mobile team you will be working on the design and implementation of software based upon and extending the VNC architecture and code base. You must possess demonstrable programming and problem solving skills. A team player, you will be highly self-motivated and will enjoy considerable responsibility. The work is interesting and challenging, and you will be expected to make a full and significant contribution. There is scope for innovation and introducing new product ideas as well as career progression.
The responsibilities of this role include
- Demonstrable experience of designing and developing networked application software for Windows or Linux platforms
- Strong C++ development skills, Java is highly desirable
- Understanding of network programming, protocol design, user interface design, compression, security and multithreaded programming
- Experience of Qt is desirable
- Experience in creating development toolkits and pluggable components is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- A computer science degree (or equivalent qualification) to at least 2.1 level
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful, growing company with a recognized global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care. This is a full time post working 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday), however flexibility may be required.
How to apply
For further information or to apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference SE10 to email@example.com.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.