Mobile Applications Developer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mobile Applications Developer to join our successful and expanding engineering team at RealVNC.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, and Philips. We are currently expanding our consumer-focused mobile application offerings and are looking for a talented Mobile Applications Developer to join us.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to work on products spanning a wide range of mobile platforms. You’ll be expected to contribute to all aspects of these products, including user interface development, networking and test frameworks, whilst enjoying the opportunity to work with our server product team to produce end-to-end solutions that provide an excellent user experience. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is willing to explore novel solutions and offer a significant contribution to these products.
- have native development experience on at least one mobile platform (ideally iOS or Android)
- have strong knowledge of Objective-C and/or Java
- have strong object-oriented design skills
- have strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- have experience of the software lifecycle
- have a good general understanding of the technologies that underpin the Internet, and how they work
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
- have a relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) in Computer Science or similar
As well as the above, if you have experience with any of the following technologies then we’d like to know about it!
- User interface and interaction design and development
- Cross-platform development
- Good working knowledge of C++
- Understanding of network programming and protocol design
- Experience of bringing consumer applications to market on one or more mobile platforms
This role offers a unique opportunity to work for a stable and successful Cambridge-based company with a world-famous brand and a lot of potential.
If successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. It will include a competitive salary and generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work / life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
How to apply
For further information or to apply for these vacancies, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference AD2 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.